Search for Jobs
Quick Tips on Applying Using a Job Board
If you're needing help on applying to your dream nursing job you should definitely check out some of our nurse career articles.
But here are some quick tips when you're applying to a job using a nurse job board.
1. Know what you want. It's really hard to start looking for a job if you don't know what you want to begin with.
For example, if you're wanting to leave ICU nursing because it's stressing you out you should first figure out why the job stressed you out so you can avoid it in your next nursing job.
Some other questions to ask yourself include:
- Why was the job stressing you out?
- What is it about your current job that you really like?
- What is it do you not like about your current job?
- What are you looking for in your next job?
- Do you want a job that's more flexible with time?
- Do you want a more introverted nursing job?
I think you kinda get the point.
It's really hard to start looking for anything if you don't know what you're looking for to begin with.
2. Check the qualifications for the nursing job. If you're applying to a job in a nursing job board you should really check to see what the facility is looking for.
For example, if they want someone with 5+ years of experience for a job, it's potentially a waste of your time to apply if you don't meet those criteria.
3. Check the potential of the job opening. If you have aspirations of “moving up the corporate ladder” (ex. becoming a nurse manager) than you should look for jobs and facilities with those potentials.
4. Prepare. Make sure your nurse resume and your nurse cover letter and nurse cv are updated and ready to go.
5. Apply. Starting and finishing a job application can be difficult but motivate yourself to start it and finish it. Don't rush through it because your application will be one of your first impressions to a potential future employer.
There are some other things to consider such as preparing for a nursing interview but more on that in another article.