As a nursing student, taking the NCLEX is crucial to becoming a licensed nurse.
Understanding the cost of the exam is an important part of your NCLEX preparation.
In this article, I’ll review the fees involved in taking the NCLEX and how to budget for the exam.
Cost of Taking the NCLEX
The cost of taking the NCLEX is comprised of several different fees, including:
- NCLEX application fee: This fee is paid when you apply for the NCLEX. The fee varies from state to state, ranging from $50 to $200.
- NCLEX exam fee: The fee for taking the NCLEX is $200. This fee is paid when you register for the exam.
- Additional fees: Some states may require additional fees. Check with your state board of nursing for a complete list of fees.
- If you’re an international student trying to get licensure in the States, it’s another $150.
- If you change your nursing regulatory body after exam registration, you’ll incur a fee of $50.
- If you decide to change the type of exam you’re taking (i.e., NCLEX-PN to NCLEX-RN) after registering, it will cost you $50.
The only NCLEX prep you’ll need. Check out the nclex prep course that helps graduate nurses pass their state board.
What does it cover?
Just to name a few.
While the NCLEX exam fee and application fee are the main costs involved in taking the NCLEX, there are additional costs you should consider.
One of the biggest additional costs is a good NCLEX prep course. Investing in a quality NCLEX prep course can help you feel more confident and prepared for the exam. Not to mention significantly improve your chances of passing.
The cost of an NCLEX prep course can range from a few hundred dollars to over a thousand dollars, depending on the course you choose.
How to Pay for the NCLEX
There are several payment options available for paying for the NCLEX, including:
- Credit card: You can pay for the NCLEX using a credit card when you register for the exam (VISA, MasterCard, or American Express).
- Debit card: Debit cards are also accepted when registering for the NCLEX (VISA, MasterCard, or American Express).
- Prepaid card: You can also pay for the NCLEX using a prepaid card.
Budgeting for the NCLEX
Preparing a budget for the NCLEX is important to ensure you have enough money to cover all the fees involved.
Keep this in mind as you go through your nursing program because I know towards the tail end of the program, random fees can start piling up.
The cost of taking the NCLEX can vary, but with proper planning and budgeting, you can ensure you have enough funds to cover all the fees involved.
Take the Next Step
Ready to take the NCLEX and become a licensed nurse? Make sure you’re fully prepared with the right NCLEX prep course.
Check out the NCLEX prep course I recommend today, and get ready to ace the exam!