Nurses walk on average between 4 and 5 miles in one 12-hour shift. That makes quality footwear extremely important.
Sometimes the shoes you wear just aren't enough to properly support your feet.
That's where shoe insoles come in.
These are 10 of the best shoe insoles a nurse can buy.
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you click and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. For more info, please see my disclaimer.
10 Best Shoe Insoles for Nurses
1. Walk-Hero Plantar Fasciitis Insoles
- ··★LASTING COMFORT - arch support improves foot and leg alignment, enhances comfort, and helps ease stress and uncomfortable caused by flat feet (Pronation), bunions, arthritis,good for Plantar...
- ··★DEEP HEEL CUP- to maintain correct foot positioning.protects your heel during the heavy impact of landing during walking or running and stabilizes the foot.
- ··★PREMIUM EVA MATERIAL - It is excellent for shock absorption and foot fatigue,The fabric also helps keep your feel cool
Plantar fasciitis is a painful foot condition that many nurses seek relief from.
These Walk-Hero Plantar Fasciitis Insoles are ideal for nurses who suffer from plantar fasciitis and other foot problems like pronation, flat feet, and arthritis.
Every insole is made from high-quality EVA material which is proven to provide plenty of support and shock absorption, bringing pain relief to those who need it most.
The material also stays cool so your feet don't get hot and sweaty.
With four appealing color options, these insoles are the perfect addition to any nursing shoe.
- May give relief to those with plantar fasciitis
- Shock-absorbing EVA material
- 4 color options
- Not great arch support
- Edges are hard
- Stiff support
Check the price of the Walk-Hero Plantar Fasciitis Insoles on Amazon.
Related Article: 10 Perfect Shoes for Nurses with Plantar Fasciitis
2. Dr. Scholl's Pain Relief Orthotics
- Designed for people who suffer pain from plantar fasciitis in the heel
- With shock guard technology to provide immediate and all-day relief of pain from plantar fasciitis and can help reduce morning pain from plantar fasciitis
- Full-length insole cushions and supports the entire foot
Dr. Scholl's Pain Relief Orthotics bring the trusted name of Dr. Scholl's and combine it with patented Shock Guard Technology for insoles that provide an incredible amount of support for the most painful foot conditions.
The contoured heel cup holds the heel in place and protects it, relieving heel pain and preventing it from coming back.
The insole is cushioned from heel to toe, offering superior support.
Added support is placed at the arch to further relieve pain from plantar fasciitis and provide relief for those suffering from flat feet or high arches.
Each insole can be trimmed to fit properly inside the shoe.
- Relieves plantar fasciitis
- Added arch support
- Trim to fit
- Only one color
- Squeaks when walking
Check the price of the Dr. Scholl's Pain Relief Orthotics on Amazon.
3. Powerstep Pinnacle Orthotic
- The Pinnacle Full length insoles provide maximum cushioning, from high activity to moderate support. The PowerStep arch support shape provides stability to the foot and ankle, helping to relieve foot...
- When you spend all day on your feet, every step counts. Powerstep Pinnacle insoles are a podiatrist-recommended orthotic to help relieve and prevent foot pain associated with Plantar Fasciitis, heel...
- The Pinnacle insoles offer superior heel cushioning and arch support. The dual-layer cushioning is designed to reduce stress and fatigue, while Powerstep premium arch support is designed for plantar...
If you're looking for a versatile shoe insert, this Powerstep Pinnacle Orthotic is it.
It provides support to all types of arches including low, neutral, and high.
There are two layers of support- the sturdy EVA foam base and the plush top layer made from antimicrobial fabric.
The antimicrobial fabric keeps germs and bad smells away while also keeping the foot cool and comfortable during a long shift.
The arch support is firm but also has some give so it molds to the foot, moving with the foot with each step for ultimate comfort.
- Low, neutral, and high arch support
- EVA foam base
- Antimicrobial top layer
- Wear out quickly
- Top and bottom layers separate over time
- The foam may crumble with frequent use
Check the price of the Powerstep Pinnacle Orthotic on Amazon.
4. Physix Gear Sport Inserts for Flat Feet and Heel Spurs
- ✅ STEADY ARCH SUPPORT: Physix high arch insoles are designed to be the best shoe inserts men & women need as a soothing solution for Flat Feet, Runner's Knee, Overpronation, Shin Splints, & Achilles...
- ✅ LOW PROFILE, LIGHTWEIGHT, ULTRA THIN SOLES: Physix flat foot orthopedic insoles are more supportive than thick cushion insoles and won't alter the way your shoe fits. Our plantar fasciitis inserts...
- ✅ ERGONOMIC, NON SLIP DESIGN: Physix orthotic insoles are meticulously designed to reduce pain & discomfort, with semi-rigid arch support & heel cup for added support & stability while on the go....
An insole that properly aligns the lower body while also providing arch support is what you'll find with these Physix Gear Sport Inserts for Flat Feet and Heel Spurs.
They are great for more than just flat feet and heel spurs.
They also help relieve heel pain, shin splints, runner's knee, and more.
In addition to properly aligning the lower body, these insoles are built-to-last.
The high-quality EVA foam base supports the bottom of the foot and absorbs shock.
Although they feature a slim design, they provide enough support to make you feel like you're walking on air.
- Relieves flat feet and heel spurs
- EVA foam base
- Slim design
- Firm support
- Run large
- No heel cushion
Check the price of the Physix Gear Sport Inserts on Amazon.
5. Easy Feet Support Orthotic Inserts
No products found.
Take a walk on easy street with these Easy Feet Support Orthotic Inserts.
From start to finish these insoles are made for nurses who suffer from tired, achy feet and severe foot problems like plantar fasciitis and heel spurs.
The sturdy arch support is made from TPU with an additional memory-foam layer.
The support layer is covered by a super soft, breathable top layer that keeps the foot cool.
Each insole can be trimmed to fit perfectly inside your shoe for a custom fit.
- Memory-foam layer cradles the foot
- Soft, breathable top layer
- Trim to fit perfectly
- Need to be broken in over a period of at least a week
- Minimal arch support
- Support may be too firm for some
Check the price of the Easy Feet Support Orthotic Inserts on Amazon.
6. SB Sox Orthotic Inserts
- ✅ Finally – Insoles That Feel Just Right - Tired of wasting money on insoles that are too hard and just don’t provide plantar fasciitis and arch support? We are too – which is why we designed...
- ✅ Improve Your Mobility With The Fast Pain Relief You Need – Our arch support insoles provide instant relief to your arch and heel through an embedded orthotic plate and deep heel cradle that...
- ✅ #1 Recommended Design – Our arch support insoles are recommended by doctors and preferred by trainers. The arch support system provides unmatched comfort and pain relief for your feet, including...
The makers of SB Sox Orthotic Inserts have offered an innovative, supportive insole design that comes in five sizes so you are guaranteed to get a comfortable fit with every pair.
Each insole is crafted to fully support the foot from toe to heel, focusing largely on the arch and heel area where many foot problems originate.
An orthotic plate in the center of the insole provides plenty of firm support for arches while the heel cradle hugs the heel and gives it the stability it needs.
They work in a wide range of shoes- from sneakers to dress shoes to boots.
- Five sizes available
- Orthotic plate supports the arch
- Heel cradle offers stability
- Wide fit
- Very firm support
- May slide around
Check the price of the SB Sox Orthotic Inserts on Amazon.
7. Superfeet Insoles
- Heel Cup: Insoles cradle heel in shoes for shock absorption; foam supports foot for comfort
- Medium Arch Support Insoles: Helps stabilize the foot while running, reducing stress on feet, back
- Durable Orthotic Shoe Insoles: For reliable support and comfort for up to 12 months or 500 miles
Nurses that suffer from tired, achy feet will appreciate the solid construction of these Superfeet Insoles.
The bright blue color makes them stand out but it's the unique features that leave an impact.
The support is plentiful, with a stabilizer cap, heel cup, and high-density foam layer.
Sweaty feet will no longer be an issue thanks to the odor-control coating that is made from all organic materials which wicks away moisture and foul smells.
The shape of the insole is made to fit inside all types of shoes without taking up too much space.
- Vibrant, blue color
- High-density foam layer
- Odor-control coating made from organic materials
- Not meant for those with serious foot problems
- Narrow toe width
- Hard heel cup may cause discomfort
Check the availability of the Superfeet insoles on Amazon.com.
8. Dr. Scholl's Running Insoles
- Designed for runners to help prevent pain from runner’s knee, shin splints, and plantar fasciitis. Also effective for everyday use to support your foot while in motion.
- With triple zone protection to reduce shock by 40% and help reduce wear and tear on your legs
- Sweat Max technology helps reduce foot odor
Although these Dr. Scholl's Running Insoles were designed with runners in mind, nurses can also benefit from their high-quality construction and design.
With protection at the toes, arch, and heel, there are comfort zones from heel to toe.
The superior shock absorption technology reduces shock by up to 40%, leading to less pain and discomfort in the lower body.
Each insole can be trimmed to fit perfectly inside of sneakers.
There is also Dr. Scholl's patented SweatMax technology which reduces smells by cooling off the feet and keeping sweat at bay while the insoles are being worn.
- Reduces shock by up to 40%
- Trim to fit
- Patented SweatMax technology
- Need replacement at least every 6 months
- Minimal arch support
- Uncomfortable instep
Check the availability of Dr. Scholl's Running Insole on Amazon.com.
9. Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Insoles
- SUPERIOR, ALL-DAY COMFORT: Clinically proven to provide all-day comfort in each of the 4 key areas of your foot - forefoot, mid-sole, arch & heel
- REDUCES MUSCLE FATIGUE: Allows you to stay on your feet longer and keeps you feeling more energized
- MOVE OVER 10% MORE: A recent clinical study showed that participants unknowingly moved over 10% more each day with Massaging Gel Advanced softer and bouncier gel waves (compared to original Dr....
You can use these Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Insoles in just about any type of shoe and rest assured that every step you take will be fully supported and comfortable.
The original Massaging Gel Insoles have gotten a serious upgrade with new technology that minimizes lower body muscle fatigue and gets people moving comfortably every day.
Added bounce is felt with each step as the gel cushioning cradles the foot and responds each time, reducing shock and pain caused by frequent standing and walking.
There's also additional support at four key areas- the forefoot, midsole, arch, and heel.
- Reduces muscle fatigue
- Gel cushioning cradles the foot
- Four areas of added support
- Slightly narrow heel
- No back adhesive
- Not firm support
Check the price of Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Inserts on Amazon.
10. Sof Sole Insole
- Cross-training athletic insole eases the stress on joints in the ankles and knees
- Increases breathability and comfort for the surface of your foot
- Maintains foot alignment and relieve pressure on the plantar fascia
Cool and comfortable best describes these Sof Sole Insoles.
Designed for hardworking men who are on their feet for extended periods, these insoles keep feet cool and dry while also providing much-needed support where pain can occur like in the arches and heels.
The COOLMAX technology is what keeps the foot cool and wicks away moisture.
There are air bubbles called Skydex in the heel and arch which reduce shock and prevent muscle fatigue and tired, achy feet.
They fit well in sneakers but can also be placed in boots and dress shoes.
- COOLMAX technology keeps feet cool and dry
- Skydex air bubbles reduce shock
- Fits well in all types of shoes
- Runs small
- Minimal arch support
- The foam wears down over time
Check the price of the Sof Sole Insoles on Amazon.com.
Shoe Insert Buying Guide for Nurses
1. Trim to Fit
Some insoles can be trimmed to fit shoes by simply cutting them with a pair of scissors or another sharp-edge cutter.
Trim-to-fit insoles are beneficial for people who are between shoe sizes or have wider or more narrow feet because they can create their own custom fit that's much more comfortable.
2. Arch Support
Many foot problems stem from incorrect arch support.
Those with low arches need firm support while those with high arches or neutral arches may need something softer.
The right arch support can prevent foot problems like plantar fasciitis from forming or getting worse.
3. Odor and Moisture Control
Standing on your feet for long periods of time like nurses tend to do can lead to hot, sweaty feet.
Sweaty feet then lead to foul odors in the shoes.
Inserts that wick away moisture and control odors with advanced technology can leave shoes fresher and feet cooler and drier.
4. Replacing Insoles
Most insoles need to be replaced every six months, or as soon as they start to show signs of wear and tear, such as:
- Foot pain
- Frayed fabric
- Adhesive that no longer sticks
- Foam that doesn't hold its shape
- Heel supports that are coming loose
Related Article: When Should Nurses Replace Their Shoes?
5. Washable Materials
Insoles can get dirty and smelly over time and may need to be cleaned.
While they cannot be placed in the washing machine, most fabrics can be cleaned with a mild dish soap and water solution and then left to air dry completely.
Always read the specific cleaning instructions on your insoles before washing.
Related Article: How to Clean Your Nursing Shoes
6. Support Areas
There are four main areas in the foot that need support:
Look for insoles that specifically target these areas with additional padding and support to reduce foot fatigue and pain that can be aggravated even more if you suffer from foot disorders like plantar fasciitis and heel spurs.
Insoles with an adhesive backing keep them from sliding around in the shoe, ensuring support is always in the correct spot.
Insoles that slide around may cause further discomfort or foot pain as well as becoming an annoyance during a long nursing work shift.
The right insoles can mean the difference between a comfortable and productive work day and a miserable, uncomfortable shift.
Nurses should invest in insoles to reduce pain, foot fatigue, and hot, sweaty feet.
All of these insoles offer benefits to nurses when it comes to common and serious foot problems.