Male nurses work hard and deserve to receive recognition for all of the efforts they put into their patients.
There are many things male nurses would love to receive as gifts, but some are more practical than others.
These are ten of the best gifts you can give male nurses.
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you click and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. For more info, please see my disclaimer.
10 Best Gifts for Male Nurses
1. Fitbit Versa 2
- Use amazon Alexa built in to get quick news and information, check the weather, set timers and alarms, control your smart home devices and more all through the sound of your voice (third party app may...
- Based on your heart rate, time asleep and restlessness, sleep score helps you better understand your sleep quality each night. Also track your time in light, deep and REM sleep stages and get personal...
- With a larger display and an always on option, your information’s always a quick glance away (always on display requires more frequent charging)
The Fitbit Versa 2 comes with all the bells and whistles a nurse could possibly want.
- Tracking sleep patterns
- Counting steps
- Listening to music
- Or checking the weather
Can be done with a glance at the wrist.
Although it requires more frequent charging if you use the “always-on” feature, the battery life can last up to six days, which is a huge benefit for busy nurses.
With six awesome color options, there’s a Fitbit for every personality.
- Amazon Alexa is built-in
- Monitor heart rate, sleep patterns, and more
- 6+ day battery life
- Needs to be charged more often if the “always-on” feature is used
- Might need to pay extra for third-party subscription apps
- Only compatible with Android
Check the price of the Fitbit Versa 2 on Amazon.com.
Related Article: 5 Best Fitbits for Nurses
2. Apple Watch
- Built-in cellular lets you receive calls, send texts, and check your email — even without your phone.
- You don’t have to raise your wrist or tap to see the time or important information. With the Always-On Retina display, your watch face is always visible.
- The viewing area stretches deep into the curved corners and is over 30% larger than the Apple Watch Series 3 display.
You don’t need an iPhone to enjoy the features this Apple Watch Series 5 has to offer, but syncing the two multiplies all of the benefits.
iPhone users can access their calls and texts from their watch.
While those without an iPhone can still use other features like heart rate monitoring, compass, decibel level app, and weather display.
The screen is 30% larger than previous models and is also waterproof enough that you can swim with it on.
The Emergency SOS feature and International Emergency Calling capability means you have peace of mind wherever you go.
- iPhone users can text and call
- 30% larger than other Apple Watches
- Emergency SOS feature
- Only 18 hours of battery life
- Non-iPhone users lose features
- Doesn’t monitor blood pressure
Check the price of the Apple Watch Series 5 on Amazon.com.
Related Article: 5 Best Smartwatches for Nurses
3. Bose SoundSport Wireless Ear Buds
- Truly wireless sport headphones for total freedom of movement, packed full of technology that makes music sound clear and powerful. Charging time 2 hours
- Earbuds are sweat and weather resistant (with an IPX4 rating) and come with 3 different pairs of StayHear and Sport tips (in sizes S/M/L) that provide a comfortable and secure fit
- Up to 5 hours of play time with each charge and an additional 10 hours with the included charging case
Listening to music often makes the work day go by faster, and these Bose SoundSport Wireless Ear Buds makes achieving that even easier.
You can listen for up to 15 hours when the included charging case is used, so nurses can potentially listen to music for their entire 12-hour shift if the job allows.
An uncomfortable fit is never a worry because of the three included sport tips that come in three sizes- small, medium, and large- for a secure fit.
Bluetooth can be used to answer calls with just the push of a button.
- 15-hour battery life
- Three ear tip sizes
- Bluetooth capability
- Only 4 color options
- Difficult to pair devices
- Is on the pricey side
Check the price of the Bose SoundSport Wireless Ear Buds on Amazon.com.
4. Beard Grooming and Trimming Kit
- NATURAL PURE & ORGANIC INGREDIENTS – Argan oil, Jojoba oil and Vitamin E oil are main ingredients. 100% natural and organic, you’ll enjoy the best beard growth without any unwanted scents or...
- MAKE STYLING EASY – Grooming, trimming, shaping and taming your beard & mustache was never easier with the combination of Rapid Beard’s extra sharp stainless steel barber beard scissors, 100% boar...
- CONDITIONER, SOFTENER & MOISTURIZER – These unscented leave-in conditioner beard oil (1.7 fl.oz / 50ml) and beard balm (2.12 oz / 60ml) wax, both have the perfect formula for keeping your facial...
Everything a male nurse needs to keep their beard in check is included with this Beard Grooming and Trimming Kit.
Soften and hydrate the beard with the leave-in conditioner oil and beard balm then groom with the natural boar bristle brush, wooden comb, and steel barber beard scissors.
Many hospitals and doctor’s offices require their male nurses to keep their beards trimmed neatly and this set makes that an easy task.
Beards will be smoother and softer and skin will be hydrated and free of dry skin and dandruff that can accumulate when dryness occurs.
- Moisturizing leave-in conditioner oil and balm
- 100% natural boar bristle brush
- Smooths and softens skin
- Boar bristles emit an unpleasant scent
- Complaints the scissors becomes dull quickly
- Complaints that the comb breaks easily
Check the price of the Beard Grooming and Trimming Kit on Amazon.com.
5. 7-Piece Italian Crafted Glass Decanter & Whisky Glasses Set
- Complete your barware collection with this value-packed fine whiskey decanter set. The set includes a timeless squared 33.75 oz decanter with a beveled fluted stopper and 6 sophisticated 9.5oz whiskey...
- Drinks are sure to be thoroughly enjoyed when served from this elegant liquor decanter into the old-fashioned glasses that have been masterfully crafted in a beautiful, classic diamond cut with...
- Crafted in Parma, Italy from fine sands and raw materials, users will experience a rich tradition of innovation pioneers of glassmaking demonstrated in this lead-free, old-fashioned...
At the end of a long shift, all a nurse wants to do is go home and unwind.
One way to unwind is to enjoy a glass of whiskey.
Whiskey goes down smooth and calms the nerves- a benefit to a nurse who just spent 12+ hours helping patients.
What you serve whiskey out of is almost as important as the whiskey itself.
This 7-Piece Italian Crafted Glass Decanter & Whisky Glasses Set is the perfect way to serve up this preferred adult beverage.
The glass is cut to look elegant but also be sturdy, making it a great gift for any man.
- 6 glasses
- Sturdy construction
- Plastic stopper
- Doesn’t seal correctly
- Clarity is lacking
Check the availability of the 7-Piece Italian Crafted Glass Decanter & Whisky Glasses Set on Amazon.
6. The Ridge Minimalist Hard Wallet
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE – We chose our military-grade materials for their durability and, in turn, created a wallet that’ll last a lifetime — guaranteed. If you ever feel your wallet isn’t...
- RFID BLOCKING – Breathe easy because your cards will be surrounded by the metal body of this wallet protecting them from even the most powerful RFID Chip Readers.
- FUNCTIONAL & SLIM – Holds 1-12 cards without stretching out. The slim wallet is ideal for carrying business cards, credit and debit cards, bills etc. The outside notch allows you to push out the...
Keeping money and identification cards safe during a nursing shift is of paramount importance as things can get quite hectic in a medical setting.
The last thing that should be a concern is whether or not valuables are safe.
This Ridge Minimalist Hard Wallet keeps money, credit cards, and identification safe from prying eyes and reduces the risk of identity theft.
Made from sturdy aluminum, the wallet also has RFID blocking technology so your identity is kept secure.
It can easily hold up to 12 credit cards in addition to several bills and business cards.
This is the wallet I currently use and I love it. It will get scratched up a bit over time but nothing to severe. It’s definitely a front pocket wallet as opposed to a back pocket wallet.
- Sturdy aluminum construction
- RFID blocking technology
- Holds up to 12 credit cards
- Only 4 color choices
- The wallet may slip out of your pocket if you’re not careful
- Difficult to open up
Check the availability of the Ridge Minimalist Hard Wallet on Amazon.com.
7. YETI Tumbler
- These Ramblers come standard with our YETI MagSlider Lid, the only drink lid that uses the power of magnets to keep your water, beer, or favorite drink on lock
- Our Ramblers are BPA-free, dishwasher safe, and have a No Sweat Design to make sure your hands stay dry
- DuraCoat is a durable coat of color that won't fade, peel, or crack through extended field use and also provide additional grip to the Rambler's exterior
A long nursing shift calls for a tumbler that can withstand bumps and falls while still keeping your drink cold and secure.
This Yeti Tumbler fits the bill, with a solid 18/8 stainless steel body that can hold hot and cold temperatures for hours.
The exterior comes in 22 appealing colors and is sweat-proof so you don’t have to worry about condensation leaking all over your desk and hands.
All tumblers are BPA-free and dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. The unique lid includes a magnet that locks in place so it’s virtually spill-proof.
- Sturdy stainless steel body
- Sweat-proof exterior resists condensation
- BPA-free and dishwasher safe
- The lid does not screw on
- May rust if not cleaned properly
- Exterior color fades over time
Check the price of the Yeti Tumbler on Amazon.com.
8. Shoes – Nike Men’s Lunar Trainers
- MEN'S TENNIS SHOES: The Nike Lunar Fingertrap Training Shoe offers flex grooves for natural movement and multidirectional traction for all types of training.
- SNUG SUPPORT: Sidewall wrap-up design cradles foot during side-to-side and diagonal movement. The men's workout shoe feature Lunarlon foam delivering plush, lightweight and responsive cushion.
- BREATHABLE: The Nike tennis shoe for men is constructed with a lightweight, breathable mesh that provides a sock-like fit but still allows for easy on and off.
A nurse walks an average of 4 to 5 miles in each 12-hour shift, which makes footwear very important.
These Nike Men's Lunar Trainers are an ideal shoe for male nurses because they support the natural movement of the foot so there’s a reduction in the chance of tired, achy feet at the end of the day.
Three great color options- anthracite/black, black/silver, and black/red- means there’s a suitable option for all nurses.
The rubber outsole resists slips which is crucial for a busy nurse who’s running from patient to patient.
- Flex grooves for natural movement
- Sturdy rubber outsole
- Doesn’t come in a lot of different colors
- Runs big
- Complaints stitching comes undone
Check the price of the Nike Men's Lunar Trainers on Amazon.
Related Article: 15 Most Comfortable Shoes for Nurses
9. 3-1 Charging Stand
- Charging Stand Compatible with iPhone for vertical and horizontal Viewing for the original charging cable
- Rubber Holder with silicone tray made of 2.6 pattern to Prevent iWatch from Scraching and Falling Off
- Upgraded Stand for Airpods pro,Airpods 2 and Airpods 1
Technology is an important tool for nurses because they need to stay connected with the latest news in the medical field.
Devices like cell phones and smartwatches help with that, but they’re useless if they aren’t charged.
This 3-1 Charging Stand makes keeping devices charged a breeze.
You can easily charge a cell phone, fitness watch, and earbuds at the same time, so you know your devices are always ready to go when you are.
While this charging station is mainly compatible with Apple products, the amount of devices it can charge at once makes it a worthwhile purchase.
- Charges up to 3 devices
- Keeps devices secure while charging
- Looks elegant
- Only compatible with Apple products
- 4 colors
- Plastic construction
Check the price of the 3-1 Charging Stand on Amazon.com.
10. 11 in 1 Beer Opener Survival Credit Card Tool
- BIRTHDAY GIFTS FOR MEN TOOL CARD: This pocket survival card has all the tools you will need
- STAINLESS STEEL MULTI TOOL CARD: Great for camping hunting survival kits and activitys.
- VALENTINES DAY GIFT FOR DAD: Perfect gifts for dad are hard to find. Our items make the best Valentines gift for men. Also makes a great gift for birthdays,graduation,anniversary or just...
It’s always a good idea to have a survival tool on hand, and this 11 in 1 Beer Opener Survival Credit Card Tool is the perfect one for the male nurse in your life.
The 11 features include:
- A can opener
- Sharp edge
- Flat screwdriver
- Beer bottle opener
- 4 positions wrench
- Butterfly wrench
- Saw blade
- Direction Auxilary indication
- 2 position wrench
- Lanyard hole.
It’s made from durable stainless steel and is the size of a credit card, so it fits conveniently in a pocket when not in use.
It’s good for an emergency and for everyday tasks.
- 11 features
- Stainless steel
- Credit-card sized
- Not TSA compliant
- Metal chips during hard use
- Smaller than expected
Check the availability of the 11 in 1 Beer Opener Survival Credit Card Tool on Amazon.com.
Gift Buying Guide for Male Nurses
Any gift you buy for a male nurse should be easy-to-use and shouldn’t require a lot of research or instructions.
The job they do is difficult enough without adding extra stress to their life, especially when it’s supposed to be a gift that makes their life easier.
Look for gifts that are ready to go right out of the package.
2. Sturdy Construction
Male nurses have a demanding job, one that requires a lot of lifting and movement.
The items you purchase for them should be made from durable materials, such as:
- Stainless steel
- Tempered glass
- ABS or polycarbonate plastic
Gifts should have a purpose behind them so they don’t end up in someone’s junk drawer after one use.
Think of how the gift will be used and whether or not the recipient has a reason to need the gift.
For instance, a nurse that doesn’t drink alcoholic beverages would have no use for a decanter set.
Use caution when purchasing gifts that require you to know the recipient’s size, such as clothing or shoes.
Unless you know their size exactly, it’s best to err on the side of caution and purchase a gift that doesn’t require you to know their size.
Items that are “one size fits all”, such as a fitness watch, are your best bet when purchasing a gift for a male nurse that you don’t know well enough to know their size.
5. Care and Maintenance
A gift should add value to one’s life, not additional stress or worry.
If a gift requires a lot of upkeep, it may not be the wisest choice to buy it.
Leave the big purchases for them to buy for themselves so they’re fully prepared for the responsibility and upkeep that comes along with them.
Devices that require a service plan, for example, may not be the best option since it’s an additional cost for the recipient.
6. Workplace Appropriate
Nurses often have to abide by strict guidelines in the workplace when it comes to their attire, the devices they use, and what items they can bring into the facility.
Keep this in mind when purchasing gifts that are intended to be used at work.
Not every nurse sits at a desk all day, so it’s important the gifts you purchase for them can stay on their person when they’re working.
Items that can be worn or that fit inside of a scrub pocket, such as a fitness watch or ear buds, are the best option for nurses that are away from their desk a lot.
Showing male nurses that they’re appreciated for the job they do every day is a great way to let them know they’re doing an excellent job.
All of these gifts would be a wonderful way to let the male nurse in your life know you care about them.