Finding a gift for the nurse in your life doesn’t have to be hard.
There are plenty of great options that are both useful and meaningful.
The type of gift you buy depends on the recipient, but we’re here to give you 20 of the best gift ideas for nurses.
*Disclosure: This article on the best gifts for nurses may contain affiliate links. If you click and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. For more info, please see my disclaimer.
Best Gifts for Nurses
Gift Ideas for the Techie Nurse
Health and Fitness Smartwatch with Heart Rate, Music, Alexa Built-In, Sleep, and Swim Tracking
Staying healthy is even more important for nurses who are exposed to germs throughout the day.
One way to keep that immune system supported is by getting plenty of exercises and monitoring the body to watch for signs of trouble.
This Fitbit makes that an easy task because it monitors your heart rate, sleep patterns, activity level, and more.
An extended battery life of 6+ days and the ability to play and store your favorite songs are just a few of the bonus features this Fitbit offers.
- Monitors heart rate, sleep pattern, and more
- 6+ days of battery life
- Ability to play and download songs
- Difficult to sync
- Battery isn’t replaceable
Check the price of the Fitbit Versa 2 on Amazon.
Related Article: 5 Best Watches for Nurses
2. Apple Watch
- GPS + Cellular
- Always-On Retina display
- ECG app
- Electrical and optical heart sensors
Nurses who own an iPhone will appreciate all the benefits the Apple Watch has to offer.
Not only does it track your heart rate, activity level, and menstrual cycle (if applicable), but it also allows you to use it in place of your phone and doubles as a compass, music-streaming device, and wallet.
With all the tools a nurse needs to carry around, not needing to carry a cell phone, wallet, MP3 player, and watch is a great benefit.
All the Apple apps, like Apple Pay, are accessible through the App Store on this device.
- GPS tracking
- Stream music and podcasts
- Access to the App Store
- Battery drains quickly
- Takes time to understand all the functions
Check the price of the Apple Watch Series 5 on Amazon.
3. Bose SoundSport Wireless Ear Buds
- Truly wireless sport headphones for total freedom of movement…
- Earbuds are sweat and weather resistant (with an IPX4 rating) …
Whether it’s for working out, listening to a favorite playlist, or simply tuning out the world for awhile after a stressful shift, these Bose SoundSport Wireless Ear Buds will be a great gift for any nurse.
These sweat and water-resistant earbuds come in 3 sizes so they fit comfortably and securely in the ear canal.
Losing the ear buds won’t be a problem thanks to the handy “Find My Buds” tracking app.
It’s Bluetooth compatible and includes a microphone so it also doubles as a hands-free cell phone device.
- Sweat and water-resistant
- 3 ear bud sizes
- Bluetooth compatible and microphone included
- Large and slightly heavy
Check the price of the Bose SoundSport on Amazon.com.
4. Amazon Alexa
- Enjoy premium sound – Personalize your listening experience by adjusting the equalizer settings…
- Voice control your music -…
Give the gift of a virtual assistant with the multi-talented Amazon Alexa.
It can answer questions, keep track of fitness goals, control Smart Home features, play music, act as an intercom, and more.
Four attractive colors go well with any decor.
Alexa’s skills are constantly evolving and there’s something new to learn every day.
A busy nurse will love the ability to play music with a simple command or ask even the most difficult medical questions to which Alexa always has a reply.
The crisp, clear sound is another great feature as are the multiple layers of privacy.
- Play music, games, and more
- Ask questions and get answers
- 4 colors coordinate with any decor
- Difficult to connect
- No Bluetooth capability
- Many bugs reported
Check the price of the Amazon Alexa on Amazon.com.
Healthy Living Gift Ideas for Nurses
5. Beard Grooming and Trimming Kit
- NATURAL PURE & ORGANIC INGREDIENTS – Argan oil, Jojoba oil and Vitamin E oil are main ingredients. 100% natural and organic,…
- MAKE STYLING EASY – Grooming, trimming, shaping and taming your beard & mustache was…
Help the male nurse in your life keep his beard in check with this Beard Grooming and Trimming Kit.
A conditioned beard feels softer and looks more professional which is a necessary attribute for any male nurse rocking facial hair at work.
This kit includes everything needed to keep a beard soft and smooth, such as a leave-in conditioner made from Argan oil and vitamin E as well as stainless-steel barber scissors for trimming.
A convenient bag keeps all the tools safe and organized.
- Professional-grade products
- Sharp, stainless steel barber scissors
- Handy bag for storing tools
- Brush sheds over time
- Balm doesn’t go on smoothly
Check the price of the Beard Grooming Kit on Amazon.
6. Zyllion Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager
- Relieves Sore Muscles: Powerful 3-Dimension Deep-Kneading Shiatsu Massage Nodes relax overused and tight muscles…
- Versatile: Ergonomic and compact pillow massager…
A tough shift can lead to muscles feeling tired and sore, and this Zyllion Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager helps with that.
The 3-dimensional nodes knead tight muscles, removing any knots quickly.
Each node is also heated so it soothes tired, sore muscles at the same time.
It can be used on multiple areas of the body due to its versatile and ergonomic design.
While the neck and back are the most common areas to use it on, it can also be used on the stomach, thighs, back of the knees, and calves.
- Nodes relieve tension
- Useful for multiple areas of the body
- Compact design
- Must be plugged in to work
Check the price of the Zyllion Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager on Amazon.
7. Blue Apron
Having to come up with a delicious and healthy meal at the end of a long shift is the last thing a nurse wants to think about.
Let them relax by gifting them with an e-gift card to
Blue Apron is a meal delivery service that delivers everything you need to whip up a healthy, tasty meal in minutes.
Many of the meal plans work with diets like Weight Watchers and there are even vegetarian options offered.
E-gift cards are reasonably priced and give the recipient the option of choosing their own meals.
- Healthy, delicious meal kits delivered to your door
- Works with different dietary restrictions
- Reasonably priced
- Can only be used for a meal subscription
- Shipping may cost extra
Check the price
8. UV Light Sanitizer Bag
So many germs and bacteria are brought home on a nurses clothes and other belongings after a shift that they may spend hours cleaning everything.
Save them time and money by gifting them this UV Light Sanitizer Bag.
It can disinfect clothing, a cell phone, keys, nursing tools, glasses, and more without any chemicals.
Items are just placed into the bag and are cleaned with the powerful UV light.
The purple light on the front of the bag indicates when it’s in use and no UV light is emitted from the bag for safety purposes.
- No chemicals
- No UV light is emitted during use
- Compact and lightweight
- UV light can be dangerous if not used properly
Check the price of the UV Light Sanitizer Bag on Amazon.
Entertainment Gift Ideas for Nurses
9. 7-Piece Italian Crafted Glass Decanter & Whisky Glasses Set
- Complete your barware collection with this value-packed fine whiskey decanter set…
- Drinks are sure to be thoroughly enjoyed when served from this elegant liquor decanter into the old fashioned glasses…
- Crafted in Parma, Italy from…
Whether for entertaining or simply unwinding after work, this 7-Piece Italian Crafted Glass Decanter & Whisky Glasses Set is elegant and understated and will keep your favorite whiskey in a safe spot.
The decanter is a generous size and holds 33.75 ounces while the six glasses hold the perfect 9.5 ounce-size of liquid.
Both the decanter and glasses feature a beveled, diamond cut that’s free of any lead and other harmful chemicals.
The decanter also includes a square stopper that keeps your whisky tasting great.
- Elegant, diamond-cut glass
- 6 glasses and large decanter
- Stopper on decanter
- Complaints of glasses arriving broken
Check the price of the Glass Decanter Set on Amazon.
10. Audiobook Subscription from Audible
Reading is a great way to relax and the Audiobook Subscription from Audible allows you to read multiple books each month without even having to turn a page.
The audiobooks can be listened to at home, at work, during a workout, in the car, or virtually anywhere you have access to a compatible device.
The subscription includes an initial 12 audiobooks and then the choice of 2 audiobooks each month.
Audiobooks can be exchanged for free if the initial selection isn’t up to par.
Audiobooks can be kept after the subscription is cancelled.
- Can be read anywhere
- 12 audiobooks to start
- Audiobooks can be exchanged
- Requires an annual membership
- Must download an app to listen on-the-go
- Only select books are available
Check the price of the Audible Book Subscription on Amazon.
11. Settlers of Catan (or another Board Game)
(or another Board Game)
- The incredibly popular, multi-award-winning civilization-building board game of…
- Players control their own civilization…
There’s no better way to unwind with a few friends than by having a game night, and this board game is perfect for that.
Build and control your own civilization by harvesting crops, trading resources, and guiding your settlers to victory.
The object is to avoid having your roads cut off or money stolen by fellow players.
It’s a board game that any nurse will enjoy adding into their game-night rotation.
- Only requires 3-4 players
- Game can be finished in an hour
- Appropriate for adults
- Many pieces
- Expansions to the game cost extra
Practical Gift Ideas for Nurses
12. Underscrub Shirt
- 95% Rayon, 5% Spandex
- Machine Washable
- Classic Modern Fit
Whether it’s worn on its own or layered, this Underscrub Shirt is a great addition to any nursing uniform.
It’s made from a durable and soft blend of rayon and spandex so it’s stretchy and comfortable.
The shirt comes in 10 color options that coordinate well with a variety of scrub tops.
The long-sleeve design keeps arms warm on even the chilliest days.
It’s machine-washable for convenience and doesn’t shrink when dried.
Any wrinkles can be smoothed out with an iron used in the lowest setting.
It’s an affordable and practical gift for any female nurse.
- Soft fabric
- Long-sleeve design
- 10 color options
- Fabric wrinkles easily
- Sizing runs quite large
Check the price of the Underscrub Long-sleeve Shirt from Amazon.
13. A New Stethoscope
- Diagnose and make decisions with confidence…
- Hear subtle changes in patient status…
- Useful in critical care and challenging environments such as…
Stethoscopes endure a lot of wear and tear so gifting a nurse with a new Stethoscope is a useful gift that they will use for years to come.
This specific stethoscope from Littman is suitable for critical care settings like the Cardiac ICU and Emergency Department.
It features a tunable diaphragm that switches from high to low frequency sounds with just a simple pressure change.
The dual-lumen tubing doesn’t cause the rubbing noises that are so common with other stethoscopes.
Stethoscopes that are designed to be used in a critical care setting are also useful for non-critical settings.
- Suitable for critical care settings
- Tunable diaphragm
- No rubbing sounds
- Complaints of tubing causing skin irritation
- Stainless steel may scratch
Check the price of the 3M Cardiology IV Stethoscope on Amazon.com.
Related Article: 10 Best Stethoscopes for Nurses
14. Nurse Socks
- Improves blood flow
- Allows the nurse to accessorize
Traveling nurses need to stay safe while flying and compression socks like these Nurse Socks are a great way to do that.
Compression socks keep blood flowing to the heart and other areas of the body, even while sitting for extended periods of time, like on a plane.
Nurses who travel for work are at risk for developing problems with their circulation because of the hours spent sitting on a plane, train, or in a car.
Compression socks have come a long way and now feature fun designs like the heartbeats and awareness ribbons on these socks.
- Keeps blood flowing during long trips
- Helps avoid circulation problems
- Comes in several cute designs
- Not very breathable
Related Article: 5 Best Compression Socks for Nurses
Personalized Nurse Gifts
15. Personalized Badge Reel
A decorated badge reel is so much nicer than the plain ones given to nurses at orientation.
A personalized one is even better because you never have to worry about someone taking it.
This Personalized Badge Reel makes a great gift for the nurse in your life who wants to add some pizazz to their badge.
It comes in four color options: blush pink, mint green, taupe, and french blue.
There are multiple ways to customize it, including adding a first name, first initial, and credentials.
- 4 color choices
- Two wearing options- swivel clip and belt slide
- Multiple ways to personalize it
- Reel is a little thick
- Only one font choice
- Belt slide doesn’t swivel
Check the price and the style option of the personalized badge reel on Etsy.com.
16. Personalized Stethoscope ID Tag
There are many ways to make a stethoscope more personalized, from choosing different tubing color to adding stickers to the diaphragm.
One of the best ways to personalize a stethoscope is with a Personalized Stethoscope ID Tag.
This personalized stethoscope ID tag fits any regular tubing and easily snaps together to clip on. Once it’s clipped on, it’s difficult to remove it.
You can choose from 3 different base colors and 45 different fonts.
Each tag measures 1.5 inches and is easy-to-clean with a disinfectant wipe.
- Clips on easily and stays put
- 45 font styles to choose from
- Easy-to-clean with a disinfectant wipe
- Difficult to remove once it’s on
- Only fits regular size stethoscope tubing
- Font color only comes in black
Check the price of the Personalized Stethoscope ID on Etsy.
17. Personalized Nurse Bag
This Personalized Nurse Bag is both a thoughtful and useful gift, sure to be appreciated by any nurse who receives it.
It’s large enough to hold several nursing tools and even a laptop.
It can be personalized in many ways, including font style, color, and credentials.
The front mesh pockets are perfect for storing water bottles and snacks.
There’s even a handy pen slot on the front panel.
The straps are 29.5 inches long so it feels comfortable when worn on the shoulder or carried by hand.
Each bag can be personalized with up to 14 letters.
- Large main compartment
- 2 front mesh pockets
- Pen slot
- Bag is not lined
- No extra pockets in the main compartment
- Back panel is plain black
Check the price of the personalized nurse bag on Etsy.com.
Related Article: 10 Best Medical Bags for Nurses