Trying to figure out whether or not you should go to nursing school can be a daunting task for many.
While there is no easy answer to this we’ve set up a fun little quiz plus some key food for thought as you continue to ask yourself if you should go to nursing school.
Should I go to nursing school? You should consider nursing school if serving others in their time of greatest need is something you can see yourself doing.
*Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. For more info, please see my disclaimer.
About the Quiz
Please note that this quiz is not a guarantee of anything. It doesn’t guarantee you’ll be successful in nursing school or as a nurse.
There are way too many variables involved in deciding whether or not being a nurse is right for you.
Instead, this quiz and this article are more of a starting point in that discussion.
Questions From the Should I Become a Nurse Quiz
- Do you consider yourself detail-oriented?
- What is your reaction when you see someone vomiting?
- I want to throw up myself.
- No real reaction it’s just throw-up.
- How do you handle stress?
- Really well. I have a high tolerance for stress and I’m able to remain calm and stay motivated to get things done.
- I freeze up in stressful environments. I need the environment to be calm for me to work effectively.
- What would your friends say about your communication skills?
- They would say I’m an excellent communicator and rarely misunderstood.
- They would say I’m an OK communicator.
- They would say my communication skills need a lot of work.
- What would your friends say about your listening skills?
- It’s excellent!
- It could use some work.
- It sucks!
- Do you like the biological sciences?
- Which one best describes you?
- Once I learn something I don’t want to have to keep staying up to date with the latest practice.
- I enjoy the idea of being a life long learner.
- What are your thoughts on teamwork?
- Teamwork all the way! It takes a village to get it done.
- Forget teamwork I work best alone.
- What are your thoughts on lunch breaks?
- If I get one, that’s great. If not no big deal.
- Having a consistent 12pm-1pm lunch break is important to me.
- Honestly, why do you want to be a nurse?
- I want to help others.
- I’m looking for a job that I can serve others and make a good living doing it.
If you’ve taken the quiz you’ve gotten one of two answers.
Depending on which answer you got it’s possible you’re now feeling discouraged.
I hope that’s not the case because when trying to figure out if you should become a nurse there’s a lot to look at and think about.
For instance one of the questions I asked above has to do with your ability to manage stress.
While that is an important trait of a good nurse it’s important to note that not all nurses work in high-stress environments.
On the contrary many work in low-stress nursing jobs.
So while many jobs in nursing are stressful you can most definitely find some that aren’t.
Hopefully, this quiz gives you some insights as you try to make a decision.
If you have any questions post them in the comment section below.