Trying to figure out whether or not you should go to nursing school can be a daunting task for many.
While there is no easy answer to this we've set up a fun little quiz plus some key food for thought as you continue to ask yourself if you should go to nursing school.
Should I go to nursing school? You should consider nursing school if serving others in their time of greatest need is something you can see yourself doing.
*Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. For more info, please see my disclaimer.
About the Quiz
Please note that this quiz is not a guarantee of anything. It doesn't guarantee you'll be successful in nursing school or as a nurse.
There are way too many variables involved in deciding whether or not being a nurse is right for you.
Instead, this quiz and this article are more of a starting point in that discussion.
If you've taken the quiz you've gotten one of two answers.
Depending on which answer you got it's possible you're now feeling discouraged.
I hope that's not the case because when trying to figure out if you should become a nurse there's a lot to look at and think about.
For instance one of the questions I asked above has to do with your ability to manage stress.
While that is an important trait of a good nurse it's important to note that not all nurses work in high-stress environments.
On the contrary many work in low-stress nursing jobs.
So while many jobs in nursing are stressful you can most definitely find some that aren't.
Related: 5 Best Jobs for Pre-Nursing Students
Questions From the Should I Become a Nurse Quiz
- Do you consider yourself detail-oriented?
- What is your reaction when you see someone vomiting?
- I want to throw up myself.
- No real reaction it's just throw-up.
- How do you handle stress?
- Really well. I have a high tolerance for stress and I'm able to remain calm and stay motivated to get things done.
- I freeze up in stressful environments. I need the environment to be calm for me to work effectively.
- What would your friends say about your communication skills?
- They would say I'm an excellent communicator and rarely misunderstood.
- They would say I'm an OK communicator.
- They would say my communication skills need a lot of work.
- What would your friends say about your listening skills?
- It's excellent!
- It could use some work.
- It sucks!
- Do you like the biological sciences?
- Which one best describes you?
- Once I learn something I don't want to have to keep staying up to date with the latest practice.
- I enjoy the idea of being a life long learner.
- What are your thoughts on teamwork?
- Teamwork all the way! It takes a village to get it done.
- Forget teamwork I work best alone.
- What are your thoughts on lunch breaks?
- If I get one, that's great. If not no big deal.
- Having a consistent 12pm-1pm lunch break is important to me.
- Honestly, why do you want to be a nurse?
- I want to help others.
- I'm looking for a job that I can serve others and make a good living doing it.
Hopefully, this quiz gives you some insights as you try to make a decision.
If you have any questions post them in the comment section below.