Nurses know that the scrubs they wear are an important part of their job.
Not only are they easier to clean than other garments, they also hold the necessary tools a nurse needs to perform their job effectively.
Here are 10 of the best scrubs available for male nurses.
*Disclosure: This article on nurse scrubs for guys may contain affiliate links. If you click and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. For more info, please see my disclaimer.
- Best Overal: Grey's Anatomy Modern Fit Scrub Top
“Stylish lightweight scrub constructed with breathable material.”
- Best With Pockets: Landau Men's Comfort 7-Pocket Cargo Scrubs
“Relaxed and comfortable fitting scrubs with plenty of pockets.”
- Best Yoga Style: Dickies Dynamix Jogger Scrub Pants
“An interesting combination of both comfort and style.”
10 Best Scrubs for Male Nurses
1. Cherokee Professionals V-Neck
- Men V-Neck
- Short Sleeve Top
- Back Length: 29"
Male nurses have a different body shape than female nurses so their needs for a scrub top vary dramatically.
This Cherokee Professionals V-Neck scrub top was made with men in mind.
The fit is tapered from the chest so it falls cleanly down to the hips without fabric bunching up and looking unprofessional.
The scrub top comes in 16 colors, including basic black and white.
Made from a combination of polyester, cotton, and spandex, it washes nicely and resists wrinkling and shrinking.
- Tapered fit from the chest
- 16 color options, including basic black and white
- 4 pockets for storing necessary nursing tools
- Sizing runs small
- Some complaints of the scrub being tight around the neck
- Some complaints of fabric being itchy
The Cherokee Professionals V-Neck is available on Amazon.com.
2. Dickies Dynamix Men’s Scrubs
- Men's V-Neck, Short Sleeve Top
- Front Shoulder Yoke
- Back Length: 29"
The trusted Dickies brand brings you this uniquely-designed Dynamix Men's Scrubs.
The fabric is lightweight and comfortable, with added stretch due to the 9% spandex construction.
Fourteen appealing color options, including heather gray and olive, means you can purchase several colors and have a different one to wear for each shift.
What truly sets this scrub top apart is the zippered pocket included on the shoulder where you can securely store small items.
There’s also a generously-sized front pocket for storing larger items.
The v-neckline and front shoulder yoke give an added boost of style to this scrub top.
- Lightweight, stretchy material
- Shoulder zip pocket
- V-neckline and front shoulder yoke
- Runs small
- A little long in the torso
- Slim fitting material
Check the availability of the Dickies Dynamix Men's Scrubs on Amazon.
Related Article: What Are the Best Scrubs for Tall Nurses?
3. Cherokee Men’s Cargo Scrubs
- Men's natural rise, drawstring waist pant with a functional zip fly
- Cargo Pocket, Pant Back Pocket, Slash Pockets
- Inseam: 31"
Everything you love about a traditional cargo pant is incorporated into these Cherokee Men's Cargo Scrubs.
The pull-on bottoms have a drawstring waistband with a functional zippered fly that allows for added convenience during a long shift.
Four large cargo pockets on the pant legs allow for plenty of storage space for all your nursing essentials.
There’s two pockets at the hips and one rear pocket for additional storage.
The polyester/cotton blend is machine-washable for added convenience.
- Pull-on waistband with drawstring for extra comfort
- 4 large cargo pockets offer plenty of storage space
- Machine-washable polyester/cotton fabric blend
- Thin fabric is practically see-through
- Very long legs, may need to be hemmed
- Fabric is not very breathable and may get hot
Check the price of the Cherokee Men's Cargo Scrubs on Amazon.
4. Carhartt Men’s Multi-Pocket Scrub Top
- Tagless label at inner back yoke
- Tradesmen pocket at lower front pockets
- Bi-swing at back yoke for ease of movement
The Carhartt brand has become synonymous with rugged and sturdy and this Men's Multi-Pocket Scrub Top is no exception.
Constructed from 55% soft cotton and 45% durable polyester, this scrub top is one that’s built to last.
Each scrub top is machine washable for easy care and it comes in nine great color options, including navy, pewter, and white.
There are three pockets total, including two large lower pockets perfect for storing nursing essentials like pens and stethoscopes while the smaller upper pocket is ideal for holding smaller items.
- Soft yet sturdy material constructed out of 55% cotton and 45% polyester
- 9 appealing color options
- Generously-sized pockets
- Sizing runs a bit large
- Fabric wrinkles easily
- Seams fray with frequent washing
Check the price of the Carhartt Men's Multi-Pocket Scrub Top on Amazon.com.
5. Dickies Dynamix Jogger Scrub Pants
- Men's Natural Rise, Jogger Pant
- Functional Inside Drawstring Cuff Pants
- Inseam: 30"
The ultimate in comfort and style come together in these Dickies Dynamix Jogger Scrub Pants.
If you enjoy wearing jogging pants while lounging around the house or going to the gym, you’ll appreciate the similar style with these joggers.
They are made from a polyester/spandex fabric blend so they are appropriate enough for the workplace, while still being comfortable as a pair of sweatpants.
The waist naturally sits just below the belly button and securely stays there thanks to the functional drawstring.
There are four convenient pockets, including a large cargo pocket and rear pocket.
- Comfortable jogger style
- Functional drawstring
- 4 pockets including a cargo pocket
- Only 3 color options
- Thin material
- Tight in the waist area
Check the availability of the Dickies Dynamix Jogger Scrub Pants on Amazon.
6. Landau Reversible V-Neck Scrub Top
- PROFESSIONAL WORK WEAR: This reversible V-neck scrub top features an inner and outer breast pocket and dolman sleeves designed to flatter without compromising on functionality; Length: Regular: 27½...
- COMFORTABLE FABRIC: Our breathable easy-care fabric is brushed for added softness, fade-resistant, and durable enough to withstand commercial laundering
- CLASSIC RELAXED FIT: Generously cut to provide optimal comfort and ease of movement whether tucked in or left loose; Women may want to order one size smaller
This Reversible V-Neck Scrub Top from Landau is the scrub top you’ve been waiting for.
Soft and easy-to-clean, it can be placed in the washing machine and dried in the dryer without worrying about shrinking or wrinkles.
The polyester/cotton blend is soft but also durable so it can withstand even the toughest nursing tasks.
There are dozens of colors to choose from, making them ideal for any workplace dress code.
One large front pocket can hold several nursing tools while the top itself is reversible for when accidents happen during your shift.
- Machine washable and able to dry without shrinking or wrinkles
- 27 color options
- Reversible scrub top
- Easily attracts lint
- Fabric is stiff before washing
- Sizing runs big
Check the price of the Landau Reversible V-Neck Scrub Top on Amazon.com.
7. WonderWink Men’s V-Neck Top
Everything you need in a scrub top can be found in this WonderWink Men's V-Neck Top.
The 100% polyester fabric is durable and strong and can be machine washed as often as needed without pilling or fraying.
Ten attractive colors, including basic black and white, allow you to purchase several so you have a different color for each day of the week.
There’s a sturdy silicone ring on the left front pocket where you can clip your badge to so it’s always easy to access and visible.
Two side pockets on each seam give you even more storage space to help make your job easier.
- Durable polyester fabric
- Silicone pocket ring
- 2 side pockets
- Colors fade
- Runs small
- Material is thin
Check the availability of the WonderWink Men's V-Neck Top on Amazon.
8. Landau Men’s Comfort 7-Pocket Cargo Scrubs
- PROFESSIONAL WORK WEAR: Reversible unisex pants offer a relaxed hip, seat, and thigh, and a straight-leg fit to allow for better movement Inseam: Regular: 31 1/2”, Short: 31”, Tall: 36”
- COMFORTABLE FABRIC: Our signature brushed fabric is soft to the touch and durable enough to withstand commercial laundering
- DRAWSTRING FLEXIBILITY: Comfortable and designed to fit many sizes, these scrub pants feature a non-roll elastic waistband with a zipper front for maximum security
A relaxed, comfortable fit is what you’ll find with these Landau Men's Comfort 7-Pocket Cargo Scrubs.
The cargo style pant legs feature four pockets total that are stacked on top of each other for easy access to all your nursing essentials.
There’s also a rear pocket which buttons securely so you can store your cell phone or other important items.
Made from a polyester/cotton blend, these scrub bottoms are machine washable for easy cleaning.
The elastic waistband resists rolling and features a drawstring and zippered fly for even more convenience and comfort.
- 4 stacked cargo pockets
- Rear pocket with button closure
- Drawstring waistband and zippered fly
- Thin material
- Sizing runs small
- Drawstring tends to fray after frequent washes
Check availability of the Landau Men's Comfort 7-Pocket Cargo Scrubs on Amazon.com.
9. Figs Leon Two-Pocket Scrub Top
- PERFECT FIT SCRUB TOP – With a tailored fit and soft fabric that features four-way stretch technology, FIGS Leon medical scrub tops provide you superior fit, comfort and function throughout your...
- STYLISH DESIGN WITH MAXIMUM DURABILITY – The Leon two-pocket scrub top features a modern, lean design and reinforced double-needle stitching to provide you superior fit, comfort and function...
- SMART STORAGE – With a double chest pocket, you will have all of the storage you need in this scrub top.
If you’re tired of scrub tops made from stiff fabric that constantly wrinkles, this Figs Leon Two-Pocket Scrub Top is the one for you.
The scrub top consists of soft fabric that includes four-way stretch technology that moves with you while you work.
The tailored fit doesn’t feel boxy but still offers plenty of flexibility so you can stay comfortable throughout your shift.
There’s a double chest pocket for plenty of storage and all the stitching is reinforced so it’s built to withstand plenty of washes.
You can machine wash the scrub top and tumble dry it on low for easy cleaning.
- Soft and stretchy
- Double chest pocket
- Reinforced stitching
- Sizing runs small
- Not breathable material
- Tight around the arms
Check the price of the Figs Leon Two-Pocket Scrub Top on Amazon.
10. Grey’s Anatomy Modern Fit Scrub Top
- BEST FIT SCRUB TOP: This 3-pocket High V-Neck scrub top featuring our arcdry technology fabric will keep you feeling fresh, comfortable and confident regardless of what your day throws at you! LENGTH...
- STYLISH DETAILS: Featuring high neckline, side vents, pen slot and 3 pockets- including PDA and sleeve pockets- keeping your belongings secure has never looked so good!
- INNOVATIVE FABRIC TECHNOLOGY: Our arcdry fabric technology is specially formulated with superior moisture-wicking properties that help keep professionals dry and comfortable in virtually any...
No more worrying about non-breathable scrub top material that leaves you hot and sweaty with this Grey's Anatomy Modern Fit Scrub Top.
The polyester/rayon material allows for plenty of air flow through the scrub top, technology known as Arcdry.
This keeps you cool and comfortable throughout your shift, no matter how hard you’re working.
The v-neckline has just the right cut while the side vents offer style while also keeping you cool.
A pen slot and 3 pockets provide plenty of storage while the front pocket loop securely holds your badge.
- Lightweight, breathable material
- Side vents keep you cool and add style
- 3 storage pockets and a pen slot
- Sizing runs big
- Sleeves are too wide
- Thin material
Check the availability of the Grey's Anatomy Modern Fit Scrub Top on Amazon.com.
Nurse Scrub Buying Guide for Men
Nurses have a stressful job, one that often requires a lot of movement and other challenges that can leave you feeling hot, sweaty, and uncomfortable.
Breathable materials like cotton allow airflow through the scrubs so you stay cool under even the most stressful conditions.
Material that wicks moisture away from the skin is a feature to look for when purchasing scrubs that help keep you cool.
Stiff material can make scrubs extremely uncomfortable and distract you from the important tasks at hand.
Material that stretches and moves with you, such as spandex and rayon, allows for plenty of flexibility and comfort.
A blend of fabrics that include spandex or rayon offers the most stretch while still being machine washable so that shrinking isn’t a concern.
Related: 10 Best Cheap Scrubs for Nurses
3. Machine Washable
Nurses encounter many challenges throughout their shift, ones that can leave them quite dirty by the end of it.
Scrub tops need to be easy-to-clean, not only to remove stains but also to remove germs acquired from medical facilities.
Machine washable materials like cotton and polyester are best for scrubs.
You can wash them in hot, soapy water to eliminate dirt and germs for clean, fresh scrubs every time.
4. Storage Pockets
Nurses need a lot of tools to perform their job efficiently, such as:
- A Good Stethoscope
- Clipboard (see 10 Best Clipboards for Nurses)
- Pen (see 5+ Best Pens for Nurses)
- Cell phone or tablet
- Blood pressure cuff
- Fingertip oximeter
Having plenty of pockets to store these items and more in allows you to be more productive since you aren’t constantly searching for necessary materials to perform your job correctly.
Scrub tops and bottoms should include at least 2 large pockets for storing plenty of materials.
Wrinkled clothing looks unprofessional and makes you feel less than your best.
Machine washing and drying your scrubs is the safest option to remove dirt and germs, but it can lead to wrinkled clothing if the scrubs aren’t removed immediately from the dryer.
Materials like rayon and spandex avoid wrinkles.
Cotton and polyester fabrics are more prone to wrinkling.
6. Reinforced Stitching
Since scrubs are worn and washed frequently, you want to ensure the material will last a long time.
Reinforced stitching is the best option for scrubs that will be washed regularly to avoid fraying and loose seams.
7. Cargo Pants
Cargo pants have been used by construction and utility workers for years because of their ruggedness and the storage space offered.
Nurses can benefit from cargo pants for the same reasons.
Cargo scrub bottoms that include stacked pockets offer even more storage space without adding too much bulk to the pants.
8. Side Vents
If you’ve ever wondered why many scrub tops include side vents, it’s to offer added flexibility, movement, and air flow for comfort and breathability.
Side vents also add a bit of modern style to the scrub top.
A comfortable pair of scrubs can make all the difference when it comes to efficiency at the workplace.
Consider these scrubs the next time you’re looking to add to your workplace wardrobe.
Nurses need all the comfort, storage, and style they can get while performing such an important job.